This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Touch screen does not register many/most touches

I have had my Edge Explore about a month, and yesterday I noticed that on powering down, I could not hit the Power Off button. I turned off the screen, turned it back on (with the power button tap), and then it worked.

Same issue today. I thought maybe it was only when saving a ride and I was turning it off too fast. Testing suggests that it's actually just that the touchscreen has stopped working correctly. Sometimes it works pretty consistently for about a second, then won't register something. As I have been testing, it may have gotten worse... I cannot pan the map without it thinking I tap to add a marker.

I have reset the device (hold power for 10 seconds), tried another reset (hold all button, tap power, release other buttons), and used the menu option to reset. Everything is back to factory. No luck. Firmware is 5.10. I asked someone else to try it, and the same thing happens for them, so it's not just my fingers.

Anyone else had such an issue? Would I be so lucky that it's a software glitch and it's fixable, or is it a hardware failure?

• Same problem, touch screen does not respond at all or just on an occasional press. Also screen areas sometimes register continuous ghost touches. Tried a full reset. Looks like touch screen can not be calibrated any more, hardware issue

• I found this for an Edge 1030. Maybe it will work for the Edge Explore too? In the Test Mode there should also be a screen calibration step.
    No guarantees, try it at your own risk.

• If the start button is pressed down when the unit is powered on then it will enter the test mode. Holding the power button down for 10 seconds to force a power off should take it out of test mode.