This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge Explore reports negative slope

my device always reports the negative slope to me, except when I am actually level and therefore reports "zero".  as soon as I start any climb the slope is always wrong and always marks negative values ​​even on a slope that I know to be 10% or 15 %

• How do you view the current slope? AFAIK there is no slope data filed on the Edge Explore. Do you use a 3rd party IQ data field?

• I do not use third party data but a data field that I have chosen from my Explore among those available as you can see in the attached photos. it proposes the data "slope%" but it doesn't work well.

• Do you have the latest firmware? Because I just checked on my Edge Explore, and I cannot find a slope data field. The thing is, the Edge Explore does not have a barometric altimeter, so technically there is no chance to get accurate slope data.

• I always keep my device up to date with Garmin Express and I knew that there is no barometric meter and when it seemed strange to me that there was this data field, which however as you have seen from the photos is present in the menu and can be activated even if point does not detect exact data. I take it from my data fields, thanks !!

• Mine(edge explore)has a slope data field for factory, but later when I deleted and I can't find it anymore. As of now, it's still showing in the compass page, but I can't add it back to another data screens