This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Connect does not show software updates for Edge Explore

Hello,

The current software version on my Edge Explore is 4.20. Connected on the Garmin website(connect.garmin.com/modern) it says that there is a new version of the software available: 5.10. But the Garmin Connect app on iOS does not show this update. In the end I am unable to update the software on the Edge Explore. That would be really useful to fix the numerous bugs that it has.

Does anybody know a way to force the application to check software updates? Or to manually update the device? Garmin Express is not an option as my computers are running Linux.

For that matters I tried on a Android phone and the Garmin Connect app does not show the update either.

Any hint would be appreciated,
Fabrice

Top Replies

All Replies

• This is a solution of another member. All credits to him/her.

All versions can be found here: http://gawisp.com/perry/edge/   Look for the file EdgeExplore_510.gcd, rename it to GUPDATE.GCD and copy it to the folder ..\Garmin on the device. Detach the device in a clean way ('Safely remove hardware'), and install will start when the device has rebooted. I do not know what happens with your personal settings. It is possible they get lost.

• Many thanks ldpnl, it worked like a charm. No personal data or settings were lost during the process.

It would be nice to have the update feature from Garmin Connect work correctly but in the meantime it is a good solution.