This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Only movement time is shown, no distance, average speed etc.

Only recording time, no route, distance, average speed. Hi, bought an Edge Explorer and used it yesterday for the 1st time (1st bike computer ever). Started recording and noticed that only the timer counters were ticking. All other counters were not. When done, automatically uploaded to Strava, the activity only shows the movement time, no distance or route. GPS was working as I checked the map several times during cycling. Garmin Connect shows movement time only as well. What am I doing wrong?

• Looks like your Explore is in some indoor exercise mode, but as far as I can find the Explore does not have a mode like that. In indoor mode the GPS is stationary and there will be no progress during the workout on the map. In indoor mode speed is recorded from a speed sensor and should be recorded when the timer is running. So no explanation for your findings...

Maybe too drastic, but a hard reset might help. After that, let the device 30 min in open sky to collect new GPS data

• Hi,

Thanks. Now Garmin Connect did categorize my ride as Indoor cycling, no clue why as I did not select anything afaik.

Would a hard reset really be required? The device is brand new.

• Hard reset required: no. But maybe you got a firmware or a map update (or both) and therefore a hard reset may be the cure for behavior that is seemingly not explainable from device settings. Again: maybe i'm wrong, but the Edge Explore does not have an indoor training mode. Also therefore a.o. no power sensors are supported. After the reset first test if your problem is solved and wait with connected features, installing IQ apps, etc. Out of the box the Explore must be able to show on the map where you are and record the course breadcrumb after you start the timer.

If you call Garmin with this problem I guess that one of the first actions they ask from you is resetting the device....

• Hi again,

I did the reset as you suggested and after having some issues pairing it again with my iPhone, it seems to work now. I will do a (better) test soon. Thanks again!