This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge Explore software 5.10 available now

Just got a software update to version 5.10 through Garmin Express. No mention yet on the Forum or elsewhere, so the usual (...) question:

What or where are the Changenotes?

• I transcribed this from the update screen.

Fixed an issue where sensors would not connect to Connect IQ data fields after powering on the device.
    fixed an issue where Connect IQ apps not clear after deleting data and reset settings.
    Fixed an issue where elevation gain different after transferring courses.
    Add several stability imporvements.

• Thanks and good to know what has changed! I've sent Garmin Support an e-mail asking why Garmin does not publish the Changelog BEFORE starting the actual distribution of the software update via GE, but no answer so far.

Under what circumstances you managed to see the changelog on the update screen in GE?

I did connect the Explore to the PC (USB) and of course not knowing that an update was available, start GE and after synching it appears that an update file GUPDATE.GSC has been copied to my Explore. Also when I decide not to install the update by renaming the GUPDATE file, GE insists that my Explore is 'Up to date' with software version 5.10. Never saw the screen with the Changelog you could transcribe.

• I saw your post about the update availability and questions about the changes, so I started GE without the Ede Explore connected to my computer. I clicked on the image of the EE and GE indicated an update was available. The i clicked on details and took a print screen with GE in the foreground. I transcribed the text from that.

• So I have to start GE first to see if an update is available and then connect the device. Thanks for clarifying this.

• I think that's correct. As far as I know there is no archive of software changes other than the information on this forum. Garmin personnel used to announce the new software availability and changes to the software, but that seems to have stopped.

FWIW, I checked the 1030, 830, and 530 forums. The 1030 software went from version 9.00 to 9.10 about 30 days ago. The 830 and 530 software was upgrade from 5.00 to 5.10 about 30 days ago. The changes were similar to the changes in the Explore 5.10 software.

• @Antoin50, please discuss battery issues which you have with version 5.10 on the forum - Sport & Fitness / Cycling / Edge Explore

• Can anyone please provide me with the current firmware (v 5.10) or a download link? As a Linux user, I cannot install Garmin Express on my computer.

And it seems to me that the firmware can't be updated via Bluetooth and the Connect Mobile app, or am I wrong? This is really annoying.

• I'm in contact with the maintainer of http://gawisp.com/perry/edge/

The latest software versions 5.00 and 5.10 for the Edge Explore should be available there within short time.

• They are now available at the link above. Thanks

• Thank you both for the quick response. I'm already downloading the firmware.