This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge Explore software 5.10 available now

Just got a software update to version 5.10 through Garmin Express. No mention yet on the Forum or elsewhere, so the usual (...) question:

What or where are the Changenotes?

• i can't update mine to that release. if ask me and then turn it off, any help please

• Can you be more clear please? What procedure did you follow and what / where goes wrong?

Normally connecting the Explore via USB to the PC and running Garmin Express will give you the software update after synching.

• I've tried to connect to garmin express and wont' update. When i remove usb from PC it says that have new software(5.1) i press to update and then suddenly, after verifying update it turn off screen e don't turn on

• Please make sure that your Garmin device is fully charged and that your phone is NOT connected to your Garmin device.

I could only update after that.

• Will try that. Later i tell if it worked

• If you can still connect the device to the PC in mass storage mode you can try to - if present - delete the file GUPDATE.GSC from the folder ..\Garmin (file may be corrupt)

Also check if the folders CustomMaps, Newfiles, RemoteSW and TempFIT are empty. If not, first save the contents as a backup copy and make the mentioned folders empty. Then detach the device from USB safely (Windows System Container), power OFF / ON, reconnect the device through USB and see if Garmin Express succeeds now in the update. A fresh update file GUPDATE.GSC should be copied to the folder ..\Newfiles during the Synch phase. Wait for the green banner that Synch has finished successfully. Detach the device again from the PC, power off / on and the device should indicate that an update is ready for install - confirm for installation. If nothing shows up, check Menu / System / About / Software Update.

Also respect @mattsches hints above

• i finally did it. i turn off the bluetooth in my android phone and it worked. Thanks a lot

• thanks @mattsches it worked