This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lost data field

Version 5.0 appears to have changed the Data Screen field options.

If Garmin read this post, please can we have 'Course Point Distance' back?

Or tell me which field now lets me know the distance to the next course point.

• Is that different from "Distance to Next"?

• Yes it is.  'Distance to Next' is the distance to the next navigation event, e.g. the next turn.
    'Course Point Distance' refers to the next Course Point which, in my case, is manually added to a course I have created & is usually a coffee stop.
    If the Explore finds one or more Course Points in a course it adds an extra screen to swipe through, listing them, with distances.  This gives the information I require but I don't want to have to scroll through screens to find it.
    I prefer to ride with a single, customised data screen showing just the parameters in which I am interested.
    'Course Point Distance' used to be available to select to a field on a data screen but no more :-(

• I see is a data field called "Asc to Next Course Pt."  Surely there should be a field that gives the distance to the corse point. 

Update. I agree, the data field is not available. I contacted Garmin. The support person checked with the software person who said the field is still there, but the support person could not find the field, either. 

You might want to call support, too. Any GPS unit really should be able to display the distance to a saved point.

• It's re-appeared in firmware 5.20.  Thank you Garmin.