This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Several problems.

Hello all. I've owned a Garmin edge explore for a year now and have encountered different bugs during this period.

The Bluetooth connection with the phone isn't stable, it will just keep disconnecting and reconnecting over and over during my rides. I've seen this problem reported by other customers with no solution so I guess it just won't be fixed, since it affects only a few of us.

Battery save mode used to stop working after a while, leaving the screen always on, sometimes even freezing it, solved by scrolling down. I say "used to" because I stopped using it too and I still have to try it with the latest version, I will post updates after some testing, as soon as I recover from an injury.

What I can see of the latest version is that the asterisk sign on the brightness bar is gone and the bar itself doesn't show correctly and apparently the "round trip courses" tool can't find results anymore.

Overall, the device isn't worth the money I've spent but please don't add even more bugs over the ones already there.

• The Bluetooth connection with the phone isn't stable, it will just keep disconnecting and reconnecting over and over during my rides

I learned that it depends on where you put your phone. If you keep it in a backpack or in your back pocket, where the signal has to travel through your body, you may experience degraded connectivity. Sometimes simply putting the phone a little to one side makes a difference.

• Yes, I thought about that and tested it at home every software update. I've had it repeatedly losing and regaining connection while holding it in one hand and the phone in the other hand.

• By the way, it looks like the power button won't turn the screen off, if the "notification menu" is dropped down. It only turns the backlight off. Has it always been like this?

• Which phone are you using? Connection to a Nokia 6 sucks! Other devices like a Yoga 3 Plus tablet seem to be ok.

• A Xiaomi mi A2. I tried with one of the latest Samsung (don't remember the model) and I've got the problem that others had (Bluetooth is ok until it drops and never connect again unless the devices got paired again).