This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge Explore only retaining last TCX map uploaded

My Edge Explore running software version 4.40 is having issues uploading new maps from RidewithGPS. I am running a PC with Windows 10. I have two courses that I want to upload with similar names. They are differentiated by the miles. I can upload the first one but when I go to upload the second one it eliminates the first and only retains the most recent uploaded in courses. I tried changing the file name thinking that there wasn't enough differentiation but that didn't solve it. Why am I no longer able to upload more than one map? I had no problem doing so in the past.

• Garmin only looks at the first 15 characters for a TCX file so they need to be different. The name is imbedded in the file so just changing the file name won't work. You said it's a RideWithGPS file so the easiest way would be to change the name in RideWithGPS and resave it. If the only difference is mileage try putting it closer to the start of the name.

• Dave, Thank you! You nailed it. I saved one of courses to my own RideWithGPS Route selection before changing the name. Doing so allowed for both routes with different mileage to be retained. 

• I spent 3 + hours on this.  I was trying to load 2 courses both from Florida Gravel Biking, a long and a short course.  I used unique file names less than 15 characters.  Edge Explore device always loaded the last course only and deleted the existing course.   You can open the TCX file with Notepad (Windows, Open with and choose Notepad) The file includes a line <Name>Florida-Gravel-</Name>  Both the long course and the short course had the same  <Name>Florida-Gravel-</Name>  After changing this to  <Name>Short-Florida-Gravel-</Name> and  <Name>Long-Florida-Gravel-</Name> then saving the file with Notepad.  Then copy both files to Garmin Edge Explore via USB cable - I used same file names Short-Florida,TCX and Long-Florida.TCX to NewFiles folder under Garmin folder.  Remove USB and device re-boots AND Guess What?  Both courses are in device.  Would have been good if Garmin told me this instead of trial and error.