This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge Explore firmware 4.60 bugs

After upgrading from 4.40 to 4.60 so far (few minutes) I have found following bugs:

1. Missing backlight level after entering pull down screen. Backlight level is displayed after touching slider but still there is missing * icon at slider position.

2. Missing translations of some menu items in main menu (I'm using Polish language settings)

• The navigation arrows that indicate the direction of the generated circuit have disappeared. It's rather boring. A function that would be interesting would be to be able to reverse the direction of the circuit

• They will fix it and introduce several other bugs, as usual.

• I can reproduce the issue of disappeared navigation arrows.

Hopefully they will fix this soon. Apparantly the same issue existed in the Edge 1030 - in the latest firmware update 9.0 there is an entry:

"Added directional arrows for round trip courses."

So... fingers crossed for the Edge Explore.

• Language files updated today to v 2.40. Hope that fixes you problems.

• Yep, menu's are translated correctly now after distribution of new language files. Good work Garmin!

The firmware itself is still on 4.60, so the reported issues sofar are still there:

1. No small direction arrows on the magenta course line for routes calculated on the device itself. Specially on the overview map this is annoying. This issue occurs both on round trip courses, as well as 'A to B' calculated routes (courses).

2. 4.60 has a significantly higher battery consumption compared to firmware 4.40. As an experiment repeated the earlier measurement with a very similar outcome.

Sensors OFF, GPS OFF, Connected Features OFF, Display backlight 70%, idle on the table indoor, temp. 20.5 celcius:

0 hours: 100% - with 4.40 : 100%

1 hour : 87%    - with 4.40:   91%

2 hours: 72%   - with 4.40:   81%

3 hours: 54%   - with 4.40:   72%

Some more work to be done for sure, specially because these are new issues being not present in firmware 4.40

Can the battery issue be confirmed by other users of the Edge Explore? You don't even have to go outdoor... :wink:

• Today I go on a ride, as I will be back, write down what the battery consumption was

• After today ride 3h and 30 min.  and 30 min. no ride. In total 4 hours is battery level on 81%. No senzor, no Connection phone, save mode (screen off),display backlight 0%,only activity recording.

• How do you update languages files? I don't have any updates on Garmin Express software...

• I got mine automatically after synching with GE. If not in your case they should be visible under available updates (Show Details, select and press Install). Last option is under 'Tools & Content' / 'Utilities' / 'Language Files' - select all languages or only the one that you want to have installed.

• 81% looks good, but not comparable with my test - I had screen backlight permanently ON at level 70%.

After my today's ride during 2:02:33 the battery level was on 66%, navigating a course with Turn Guidance ON, activity recording, screen backlight permanently ON at level 70%. It feels like a fairly high battery consumption.

I think the only way to see if the battery issue I reported is an individual one or common after the upgrade to firmware 4.60 is repeating the test as described in my earlier message (3 up in this thread).