This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge Explore firmware 4.60 bugs

After upgrading from 4.40 to 4.60 so far (few minutes) I have found following bugs:

1. Missing backlight level after entering pull down screen. Backlight level is displayed after touching slider but still there is missing * icon at slider position.

2. Missing translations of some menu items in main menu (I'm using Polish language settings)

• 1. After update to software 4.60 the backlight level slider on my Explore has the * mark as before. So, your case not reproduced.

2. Confirmed! Also with system language on 'Nederlands' (Dutch) some menu entries are not translated. It appears that none of the language files in the folder ..\Garmin\text is updated - in my case all language files have the date/time 18-Dec-18 17:21

Tried to resync using Garmin Express: no success. Also no new language files offered under Tools & Content / Utilities / Optional Updates / Language Files, exept Hebrew. Next tried to get new language files using the old & truthfull Webupdater: no success, exept Hebrew.

• +1 with mixed up language

There appears a new option

DRAW CONTOURS (on/off).

No idea, what this is good for.

... found nothing on the web (and also in the online manuals of the device).

Why does GARMIN devaluate the excellent hardware with this poor software/documentation/missing changelog?!

• @ tmk2 Thank you for the hint. I saw that before but I’m expecting this information on top of this Garmin forum for this device provided by the community manager. Do you know what I mean ;-)  

• But nothing about the new option 'Draw Contours' though....

• Bingo :-P

The running gag in our bike group:
    GARMIN, the device for technical engineers provided by technical engineers lol

Hopefully one day they will make the step and get some ux-designers and provide a device for cyclists :-D

• mixed up languages also in french here. backlight level works fine for me.

• Contour lines are lines between points of the same elevation. I've attached a couple of screenshots of an area with and without contour lines enabled. Note that the closest contour interval I found was 100 ft.

• I have the same issues with no asterisk mark on the backlight bar and missing translations (which I ignore as I use English by default as Garmin's translations suck as their software does).

Really, if there's any Garmin representative reading this he should definitely forward this to the engineering lead of the team writing this "software". How is that possible to make such stupid mistakes in production software? Are you guys performing any functional testing before releasing the software? If anyone just looked at the pull down screen he would have noticed the * mark missing so apparently it has been done completely without any QA.

• I have reported the issue of the missing translations of several menu items to Garmin Support. Got back a request to supply as much details as possible, which I have done. Now awaiting results...