This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can you change the colour of routes on the map?

The course is displayed as a magenta line, but many of the off-road tracks and paths on the map are purple so it's very hard to distinguish them.

• No, you cannot change the magenta colour of the Course line.

The only option you have is setting the Map Visibility to High Contrast - maybe that helps a bit.

Playing with the amount of screen backlight may give some extra nuances.

Choose a different map for riding your off-road courses. Worth a try are OSM maps from http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl (choose Routable Bicycle) or the OpenFietsMap from http://www.openfietsmap.nl/

Also worth a try are the openmtb maps from https://openmtbmap.org

• I'm using a blue line.

Try this:

Courses > Saved Courses > {select a course } > Settings > Color

• The magenta course line is the one that is calculated by the device after you select 'Ride' and with 'Turn Guidance' switched ON. You then also will get the white TBT arrows while riding the course.

The method of @asmcdaniel requires 'Always Display' set to ON in the settings of the individual Course Settings menu.

However, if you have Turn Guidance set to ON the same time, you will not see the blue Course line! The blue Course line is only visible without Turn Guidance - a possibly strong drawback though. The blue (or other color you have chosen) Course line is displayed rather narrow on the screen of the device. In my experiences a black color gives the best visibilyty for me in this situation.

I mostly prefer the TBT arrows and I have no visibility issues at all with the dark purple Course line with the device-generated and mostly barely visible magenta (calculated) Course line under it.

•  

I think you are right, but I am confused by "Turn Guidance set to ON". I'm probably missing this, but I cannot find this on the menus. 

• It's in the 'Courses' menu. Under 'Saved Courses', then the 'hamburger' menu bottom right, you have 'Turn Guidance'. 'Off Course warnings', etc.

• Thanks for this. It all makes sense now! I'll try out both methods and see how it goes. Thanks to all your replies

• Thanks,  I found it. 

I don't use the navigation often, but when I need it I defintely want turn guidance.

• What competent idiot at Garmin has decided that the colors should be so similar? My next watch will not be a Garmin.

• Hello all,
    as a new 1040 owner, I'd like to ask. Up until now I had an old TEASI ONE 3 or 4 navigation... and it was great there. But now I'm struggling with the fact that when navigation is active on the 1040, the route is almost impossible to see. An acquaintance at 830 and 1030 wrote that he saw this setting somewhere, but he can't remember where it was.

I've tried setting an individual color for each saved route, but it doesn't work for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong :-(

Thank you all.

• @JekaCZE, questions about the 1040 you'd better post them in the 1040 section. The issue you bring up here is spoken about there already intensively.

Maybe a moderator can move OP's message?