This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Distance/time to point

I have a new Edge Explore.  I used a ride today downloaded from a cycling event last year. In addition to the regular major turns the Garmin continually showed me “Dist to Point” on every minor twist in the road and beeped. Drove me nuts. I tried everything to turn this off  any ideas?

?

• Hey did you mage to sort this please? If so how?

• This is also driving me nuts . No solution from Garmin

• With 'Turn Guidance' switched on (slider is green/white), when you set 'Auto Zoom' to 'Off' you should not see the zoomed-in screen with 'Dist. to Point' & 'Time to Point' data fields with the 'Tap to go Back' button. (main menu / Ride Settings / Map / Auto Zoom On | Off

Do the settings first and wait for a good GPS fix before loading & activating your Course.

My Explore is on software version 5.30

Note. There has been a similar issue on the Edge 1030 forum where an issue with the Basemap was the cause. Ref.: forums.garmin.com/.../dist-to-point-time-to-point

• Thx . I’ll try tomorrow 

• Tryed today, does not work neitherRolling eyes

• That's kind of weird, is n't it?! I have tried to reproduce your issue when I was out on the bike yesterday, without success. On my Explore the Auto Zoom is working as designed. Turn Guidance is set to ON. When I set Auto Zoom to OFF no zoomed-in screen with 'Dist. to Point' & 'Time to Point' is shown - in the contrary, when Auto Zoom is ON the zoomed-in screen with 'Dist. to Point' & 'Time to Point' & 'Tap to go Back' comes up.

So there must be something different causing your issue. May be firmware, map(s) or settings?
    My suggestion would be:
    - check firmware version (5.30)
    - do a full reset to factory settings. This requires to re-enter your personal settings, etc.
    - re-install maps using Garmin Express (latest version)
    - activate the Worldwide Basemap NR and only one routing map (the one that covers your area)
    - settings:
      - be sure Auto Zoom is OFF. I have also Auto Scroll OFF, but I doubt this has influence (Auto Features).
      - set 'Navigation Promts' to 'Map' (also not sure if this has influence), just to mimic my settings as much as possible.

I'm on a Windows 10 PC. When you are using Apple, don't forget to empty the waste-bin after you have deleted files. The wate-bin takes room that you can recover.

Hope this helps you.

• Thx for your effort. I gave up…. I’ll use it like it comes Shrug tone2

• Hi,

Did you try turning of the 'Course Points' in the course options? Or does that disable other functions you still want to use during your ride?

To turn off 'Course Points', start from the Home screen: Courses > Saved Courses > select your course > Settings > Course Points: slider on/off

Don"t know if that will help you, just giving you my thoughts one this.

Best regards,

Ocean.

• Good point.
    I have the Course Points slider ON, but do not suffer the issue @9418887 describes. However, the issue may be that my Courses do not contain Course Points, in which case I suppose the Course Points setting on / off does not matter. Also see my other reactions above for the settings I use.

So, the thing to check now is if Course Points are present or not in the courses he uses.