This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Shall i buy a Edge Explore … or save money for a FR945 ?

Shall i buy a Edge Explore … or save money for a FR945 ?

• What do you need it for? Those are two very different devices for different purposes. Without further info it's like asking "Shall I buy a bicycle or a pair of skis?"

• your right ... i was disturbed while writing...and pressed Enter

I'm a tour-cyclist and walker ... I allraedy using a VivoActive HR

The Edge can provide me with maps ... easy to read on my bike... but on the other hand when walking a map on my wrist could be handy instead of holding a divice apart ... and maybe mine VA HR is a bit older ... so replace it with a FR with maps?

• Well, then my advice would be as follows:

If navigation during cycing is essential for you, and you plan to use it regularly, then go for the Edge Explore and stick to your VA HR as a wristworn device, if it works for you.

Using maps on the FR945 while cycling is quite impractical, so I'd consider the 945 only if you can live without mapping on your cycling trips, or plan to use it occasionally.

And please be aware that the FR945 is quite new and has its share of issues. If you seriously consider spending a lot of money on it, then take care to browse the forum for issues people are having with the FR945. Generally I'd recommend great caution when buying latest Garmin devices, although I do not absolutely discourage anyone, either.

• Thanks a lot ...

a you set FR945 is quite new … 
    You set my brain on work ... i'll think about the Explorere more ... but also wait a while because all the software issues that are around…