This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Switching off all tones including Start up tone

I would like my Edge Explore to run silently as my old Edge Touring did.  I have switched off tones on the system menu and all tones are off EXCEPT the startup tone.  This is annoying as it drives my poor dog loopy.  She seems really scared of that tone and is often to be found cowering under the bed upstairs.

Is there any way of disabling the start up tone?

Thanks

• Settings System Tones off I.e. Black

i have no tones for anything. 

On FW 3.x and now on 4.3

• Yep,  That is what I thought would happen - As it does on my older Edge Touring.  But on this Explore on v4.3 the On tone and the plugged in to power tone remain.  Everything else is silent as expected.  There seems to be no way of disabling the remaining tones.

• Funny thing. I have 2 here. Both set exactly the same. Tones off

1 makes no sound. The other beeps on power up and on charging as you report  

I checked every setting. The only difference was screen capture was on on the quiet one. I changed it for the second. No difference. 

I will note that the quiet one had sounds set off from day one several FW releases back. The other had them on through all updates. 

• Oh my word. It's not just one of our dogs that has lost the plot with Garmin bleeps!