This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Weather - Temperature Units

Am I correct in assuming the user cannot toggle the Temp unit Fahrenheit to Centigrade? I am now hot on C and cool of F!
  • The unit of measure for temperature is controlled under the system settings, units.
  • Hi aweatherall. I had already tried your suggestion but it doesn't affect temp. On Explore, I changed System/Units - Distance & Speed, Elevation and Weight to Metric - there is no Temp option. In Garmin Connect, I changed the blanket Unit of Measure to Metric. I then synced. Everything changes to metric except temp. So in the weather app, wind is now km/h but temp remains as F. I expect that like Strava, Garmin stubbornly sticks to USA Fahrenheit to meet the needs of the home market. Hey ho - as a retired scientist, I am just gonna have to learn to be bilingual in Statute/Metric again. Thanks for your prompt reply.
  • Sorry I misunderstood. I forgot that the Explore does not have an inboard temperature data field.
  • Do you mean the weather widget? If so, this shows the temperature in °C on my Edge Explore. On the Edge and in GCM I have set all possible settings to metric, but you’re correct, there is no setting for temperature.

Could it be that you have set your mobile phone to non metric or Fahrenheit for temperature and this somehow carries through?
  • Hi Shark58 - yes the weather widget. Can't set units in Android mobile but you can in apps so all my weather apps are set to C. Wish I knew who the weather provider for Garmin is then maybe I could sort it.
  • I have an iPhone and there is a general language & region setting which includes the possibility to select between °F and °C.
  • Hello Shark,

Did you manage to fix your concern? I have the same issue :-(

• Hello,i just purchased an Edge Explore and I am not able to change Fahrenheit to Celsius. I tried all settings in Connect and the Mobile App that are referring to language (Dutch) and units (Metric and Kilometers). I think all settings are correct. Am I missing something? Thanks

• My experience is that temperature unit is set somehow based on regional settings only during initial setup. It is not possible to change it later by changing regional settings. In my opinion it is gap/bug in Garmin software but Garmin doesn't want to fix it to either allow manual temperature unit change (as distance, height) or change it together with regional settings.

• Hello, i checked my Samsung S9 for the weather settings, all Celsius, and regional settings (Dutch). I reinstalled the Garmin Connect app and did a reset of the Edge Explore and configured it for us in NL language with Metric settings. Connected the Explore to the S9 and synced. Still Fahrenheit, I give up. I hope Garmin will change this in a next update otherwise I will sell my Explore and by a different brand.