This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Replying to text messagess

How can I reply to text message form my Edge Explore?In phone setting i have option "Text Reply Signature" so i assume it should be possible.
  • If believe it only works with an Android phone, Apple does not allow an app to send an SMS.
  • How can I reply to text message form my Edge Explore?In phone setting i have option "Text Reply Signature" so i assume it should be possible.

And the manual says you can reply to text messages in the Bluetooth connect features section.

I have an android phone with Connect Mobile installed. How do I reply to reply to text messages?
  • If believe it only works with an Android phone, Apple does not allow an app to send an SMS.

I got android phone, but there is no way to configure sms in Connect app nor to reply with preloaded messages.
    edit:i just noticed i can reply to facebook messanger messages, but not regular sms
  • I got android phone, but there is no way to configure sms in Connect app nor to reply with preloaded messages.
    edit:i just noticed i can reply to facebook messanger messages, but not regular sms

I connected my Edge Explore to my android and sent a message to my phone from another phone. Part of the message appeared on the Garmin unit with an X on he left and an icon on the right. Pressing on the X deletes the message. Pressing on the icon brings up the list of preset messages. Select a message and hit the return arrow. The unit displays the message with an X and a check mark and starts to count down. If you select the X the message is not sent. If you select the arrow, the message is sent immediately. If you wit until the countdown completes the mesage is sent.

These are the message that can be selected in the Android version of Connect Mobile v. 4.11:

Okay
    Yes
    No
    Out riding
    Be home soon
    Can't talk now
    Busy at the moment
    Running late
    Almost there
    Halfway there.

I could not find a way to customize these messages or enter a signature.
  • I was able to run responses to messages. The problem was with the default SMS application on my phone. After changing to another I can reply to SMS.
  • is it possible to change the order? I like to reply 'out riding', but i need to scroll down to hit that response. it is hard enough to touch things while riding to send a response, if i send 'out riding' they know i can't get back to them. the top responses of okay yes no are great if the person happens to send you that type of question, but responding out riding, can't talk now, or busy now are much better responses while riding. I don't understand why after 2 years these are not editable!