This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Data Fields Change Unexpectedly

Recently I noticed that the Time of Day data field that I set on data screen 1 changed to Lap Time. This happened after I paused the Explore in mid ride.

In the past, I've noticed data fields randomly changing when charging the unit.

A related issue is that the Explore will power on when connected to a charger even though it was powered off before connecting to the charger.

These may not be bugs, but they are certainly unexpected and unwanted behavior.
    A related issue is that the Explore will power on when connected to a charger even though it was powered off before connecting to the charger.......

My Edge 800 starts in charging mode and I have to press the power button to bring the 800 alive.
    My Edge Touring (Plus) does a full power-on when connected to a charger, just like the Explore (2018) does. After power-off both devices go in charging mode. Did maybe Garmin make this choice in relation to charging from an external battery pack while in use for navigation?
    Just my 2 cents...:rolleyes:
  • My Edge 800 starts in charging mode and I have to press the power button to bring the 800 alive.
    My Edge Touring (Plus) does a full power-on when connected to a charger, just like the Explore (2018) does. After power-off both devices go in charging mode. Did maybe Garmin make this choice in relation to charging from an external battery pack while in use for navigation?
    Just my 2 cents...:rolleyes:

Maybe. My 800 does not change state when attached to charger. If it's off, it remains off. If it's on, it remains on. That is the behavior I expect. If Garmin has chosen to write the software so that the unit turns on when attached to a power source, it would be nice if they document that "feature".

Hopefully, a Garmin representative will confirm that the device should power on when attaching to a power source.
  • My Edge 800 starts in charging mode and I have to press the power button to bring the 800 alive.
    My Edge Touring (Plus) does a full power-on when connected to a charger, just like the Explore (2018) does. After power-off both devices go in charging mode.

I confirmed this is correct with Garmin Support.
  • Hi asmcdaniel.  I have same problem.  Happened a couple of times after syncing.  Each time a chosen field in Screen 1 disappears and is replaced with a totally unrelated data field.  It is very annoying though simple to correct. It just should not happen in the first place.  Bit surprised no one else has also reported in the last 10 months.

• GeorgeWSmith, At some point this was no longer a problem on my EE.  I have no idea why. I assumed that the problem was fixed with a firmware update.

If this problem occurs when you sync using a computer, you might make sure the EE is powered on when you attach the USB cable.