This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bluetooth connection

Bluetooth connection with the Edge Explore 820 seems to be a challenge. Some times, not often, it connects immediately to my phone. Other times it takes 15-30 minutes to connect. And sometimes it just won't connect. At the same time, my Garmin Vivoactive HR is constanly connected to my phone. Seems the BT implementation in the Edge is somewhat buggy. Any ideas on how I can improve this?
  • My device will not connect to Bluetooth since the latest Garmin Connect Mobile update. Previous updates have caused this problem before. Very annoying and frustrating.
  • Ever since the last updates (both Garmin Connect mobile and Edge firmware) bluetooth connection never starts automatically anymore. I always have to open the Garmin Connect Mobile app for the connection to start.
    Seems that new bug are being introduced with every update.
  • I cannot connect via Bluetooth at all. Nothing I do makes any difference. Am I the only one with this problem? I am connecting to an Android Huawei phone which was working fine until recently.
  • NickT459 - I am sorry that you are experiencing a problem with the Bluetooth connection with your Edge and Huawei phone. The link below should help you improve the connection to your phone.

Huawei Smartphone and Garmin Fitness Device Bluetooth Connection Issues
  • The latest version of GCM on iOS doesn't work ....
    My Edge Explore 820 is connected, but sync doesn't work. The device is listed as online, but sync does not work.

When I give manual sync, GCM is not responding, application stops working.
  • I cannot connect via Bluetooth at all. Nothing I do makes any difference. Am I the only one with this problem? I am connecting to an Android Huawei phone which was working fine until recently.

No you're not! Another Garmin farce caused, yet again by one of their own updates.

I found this solution worked for me;

https://support.garmin.com/en-GB/?faq=gz3MvGVPAcAsDXkTPknQVA&productID=543199&tab=topics
  • Ever since the last updates (both Garmin Connect mobile and Edge firmware) bluetooth connection never starts automatically anymore. I always have to open the Garmin Connect Mobile app for the connection to start.
    Seems that new bug are being introduced with every update.

Just contacted Garmin support Belgium related to this issue.
    Answer: wait for the next FW update.... LOL
  • I have the identical issue to the OP. Edge 520plus and a instinct watch. Watch always connects perfectly. Edge will only connect the first time and then I either have to re-pair or if I open the connect app it seems to work. A small percentage of the time I get lucky and it connects the next time.

All happened after edge 520plus SW update to 4.0.
  • I too have been having constant problems. Android, Samsung Phone. When I unpair and try to connect again, the 820 explore has a message about needing mobile connect version 4.5 or greater (I think that was the message). An as far as I can see the latest Android version is 4.18. What the heck is going on? I seem to spend so much time on this little stinking device.
  • Seems to be working fine the last week. Either the latest Connect update, or Edge FW update fixed the problem.