This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bluetooth connection problems after FW 9.00

Hi,
Just to mention the huge difficulties to re-pair my Edge Explore 820 to iPhone 7 after the new FW update 9.00.
I tried to delete device from iPhone, delete iPhone from the device, re-pair, reset device, reset iPhone, ... and I get it connected to the iPhone easily, BUT in Garmin Connect Mobile (versión 4.6), it keeps on showing the message "attention is needed" under the device name, like if a last step of the process was missing.
I have read also pairing difficulties in other Edge forums linked to this new FW update (9.00).
I tried to download again the Garmin Connect Mobile App, but it does not solve the problem. I can pair other Garmin devices with no issue.
If anyone experienced the same or knows any solution, would be appreciated.
Thanks
  • After this last update my Garmin is absolutely horrendous. I have paired my iPhone a dozen of times now with my Garmin 820 and every time synching is horrible. If I have to remove my iPhone and reinstall after every ride, then it's time to get a cycling computer of an other brand. Please fix this asap!
  • Same problem. Will not pair with iPhone since update.

Why do Garmin never test these updates???
  • After trying all kind of pairing processes, deleting, re-installing, Edge, iPhone, Garmin Connect Mobile... I do not think we have any chance of solving the problem unless Garmin offers a new FW versión or come back to the previous one.
    Activities can be stored in the device for a few days without uploading via mobile, but I use everyday the "livetrack" feature (to be tracked by my wife as I ride alone long distances) and without phone connection, this key feature is lost.
    Really frustrated.
  • Sorry for the frustration some are having. Please reach out to our support team for help if you are unable to get the device to connect to your phone.
  • Sorry for the frustration some are having. Please reach out to our support team for help if you are unable to get the device to connect to your phone.

Thansk for the reply Shawn.
    So I understand this is not considered (or it is not) a "FW 9.00 general problem" and no patch or new versión is expected for the coming days, and therefore we must find individual solutions via the support team.
  • Same connection issues here, too. I let Garmin Support try to help me yesterday, but the person could not help. It was a waste of time for both of us. The new device software version eliminated the pairing and it will no longer connect in the app. Pairing is made with the phone, but not recognized in the app. Very unhappy with Garmin's update. Very unhappy with Garmin's response.
  • Find what Garmin support sent me today. I did not try it yet specifically in this order, although I did dozens of combinations similar. In case anyone wnats to follow it step by step and see if there is any change compared to previous trials. They do not mention anything relatd to bugs in the FW update.

" You should delete the Garmin Connect Mobile app from the iphone. Before downloading it again, update the iphone to the most recent version.
    Download and install the Garmin Connect Mobile App again, log in and try to pair the Edge like the first time.
    In case this procedure does not work, try to pair the device to another phone to see if the problem is in the device or in the phone."
  • I'm having the exact same issues.
    I've gone through the steps and even factory reset the Edge Explore. The device shows up in the Garmin app with an "Attention Required" flag, which when I click on it just tells me I need to pair the device (which I've obviously already done).

The fact that my Fenix 3 is connecting and syncing quite happily shows that my iPhone is not the problem here, this FW update just hasn't been tested properly.
    I'm extremely frustrated and disappointed, both with the state of this update and the useless level of support.
  • Hi Guys,

Any eta on when this issue will be resolved?

Regards,
    Barry
  • I'm having the exact same issues.
    I've gone through the steps and even factory reset the Edge Explore. The device shows up in the Garmin app with an "Attention Required" flag, which when I click on it just tells me I need to pair the device (which I've obviously already done).

The fact that my Fenix 3 is connecting and syncing quite happily shows that my iPhone is not the problem here, this FW update just hasn't been tested properly.
    I'm extremely frustrated and disappointed, both with the state of this update and the useless level of support.

Exactly as my case, also with Fénix 3.
    I donot think we can expect a solution short term; my recommendation is to downgrade. See comments and link to download the file 8.70 in Edge 820 forum.