This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge Explore 520 stuck update?

I just got the new Edge Explore 2 today to replace my Edge 520. Everything is setup and working really well... buttttt

"Sending Software Update" from my Garmin Connect app on Android just keeps going over and over. It gets to the end of the progress bar, then the next time I sync it does it again.

I tried to update it from Garmin Express on the Mac. That was also a little weird, but eventually it did pop up on the Explore 2 and say there was an update to install so I did that.

But my phone still continuously is trying to send an update to it every time I sync. :/

I'm on software version 5.09 on the Explore 2 (not sure if that's the latest or not).

• I hope you get it sorted out, my local retailers / regional Garmin won't have any stock for "5 - 8 weeks" so I will be very interested in your initial experiences with it.

•  5.09 is the latest software version for our Explore 2. We've recently released an update to our Garmin Connect app. Can you please uninstall the Garmin Connect app on your phone, reinstall the app, and then re-pair your Edge? 

After doing this, please let me know if the app continues to try and send an update or if that corrects it for you.

• I had the same problem. I did the initial setup and pairing to my phone, then it began an incredibly slow sync in Garmin Connect.

It was so slow that the phone would go to sleep. Each time I awoke the phone, the software update sync bar in Garmin Connect would then appear to re-start. It also affected setting up the Komoot IQ app which would occasionally connect but mostly refuse to find a connection to the phone. I'm guessing that's because all the Bluetooth bandwidth was being used for the software sync.

Here's how I fixed it:

1. Set my phone to always stay awake with the screen on. For Android: https://developer.android.com/studio/debug/dev-options and keep the phone plugged into a charger.

2. Start the software update sync from Garmin Connect.

3. Wait about 2hrs. (yes it genuinely took that long!) The sync bar in Garmin Connect will very, very slowly progress.

Hope that helps.