This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 1040 Strava live segment limit?

Has the 100 Live segment limit on garmin edge devices finally been removed on the 1040?

• IDK that specifically, but I've been following the 1040 on its specific forum:  forums.garmin.com/.../edge-1040-series

• The limit on the 1040 is the same as the limit on the 1030+, which is 300

• There's a 1040 forum. You had to scroll past it (and ones for the 1030 and the 1030+) to get to the 820 forum (about a "really old" device).

• If the segment has an elevation loss it will not download to your device even if you star it. If you star multiple segments that overlap with a garmin device, you will only see the first segment that you reach, unless you get off course and then resume to the start of the next segment. The wahoo element allows seeing segments within segments. It takes time for the starred segments to download to device, the head unit has to sync.

• Only i didnt scroll past, google search brought me here. I did discover the 1040 forum just after and posted the question in there as well. Thanks.

• Unfortunately, for the E1040Solar, the SLS limit is 99 segments :(
    All day I "fight" with them, apart from the "Garmin / Segments" directory, I tried to copy the segments to the "NewFiles" directory, but the latter is immediately "cleaned" and the files deleted.
    The same happens with the "Segment" directory if more "fit" files with segments are loaded into it.
    The only thing I did was when "99 segments" was on the list, I chose "disable all" from the menu and then those segments went to the "Disabled" section and the redundant ones jumped in at the top of the segment list. However, wanting to get additional space for the second time, I chose "turn all off" again, then after connecting the E1040 to the computer in the "Segments" directory there were only 99 files: /

• I'm not sure why people keeping saying the Edge 1040 segment limit has increased to 300. It is very clearly still limited to 100 (which sucks). Doesn't matter if it's running the standard firmware or the beta firmware, the limit is 100. Source: I own the 1040.

• The limit on the 1040 is 300. The problem is that Strava is currently capping the data they provide to Garmin at 100. So the increased capacity on the Edge is not being used,

• Oh, interesting. I've seen people say "actually it supports 300" all over these forums, but this is the first time I've seen the caveat that it's technically 300 but because of Strava, it's still functionally limited to 100 on the device. Thanks for the clarification and additional info.

• Garmin told me they are working with Strava to get them to increase the 100 segment limit. I don't think many people use Garmin Segments, but if you do then you would be able to load 300 segments.