This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Navigation freezed on the mountains

Hello.
I recently did a MTB ride in the mountains.
I loaded the route through the Komoot application on the Edge 820, checked to download the map to work offline.
I started the navigation and at some point on the route my position was no longer updated and the navigation did not work.
I was under the clear sky and the GPS signal i guess was not the issue.
Of course we got the wrong shot and got lost in the wilderness. No remaining water or food.
Luckily I took an eTrex 35 with me and looked at it to get it.
This Edge 820 is absolutely miserable.
It puts your life in danger if you rely on it.

Is there a solution to this problem?

• Of course relying on a single device in crucial situations is not good and you were wise to have taken the eTrex with you.  This hasn't happened (yet) to me in using an 820 multiple times a week for the past 6 years.  If it did, things I would try are stopping Nav, and if that didn't work power down then up,  if that didn't work trying various levels of resets.  Hiking or riding, I try to familiarize myself with maps of an area well enough to be able to find my way out on my own. I've sometimes taken a paper map, either printed or one I printed out.  And then I have my phone, to which I've downloaded maps for areas where there are no cell/data signals.