This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Edge 810 Map not being seen by device

I'll try to be clear, and hope someone can help. My husband and I each have an 810 and have had no issues for years. We had added the OpenStreets map for our region with no problem. So, I bought a gently used 810 for my daughter and have set it up today. The problem is that the additional map, while loaded to the brand new SD card and visible on my computer when connected, is not being "seen" by the device itself. It doesn't show up as a Map option when I go to a training profile/navigation/map selection. I called Garmin, and the helpful service rep suggested synching the device with Garmin Express. Even though the maps aren't there, he thinks it might help, perhaps with a software update. I can't do this myself, because it needs a separate account, for my daughter, which she may have already set up from her current older Garmin. We will look into that, but I have my doubts it will solve the problem. Has anyone had this problem, and how did you solve it? Thanks!

• It could be a number of things

have you tried putting the sd card from yours in the device for your daughter and the one from daughters into yours

could be the card is too big or modern for the daughters 810 or the card reader is faulty

did you setup the card exactly the same for daughters one does it have a Garmin folder on it

• After I wrote the post, my husband suggested the very switch you describe! The card from mine worked in her device. I do think the card is too big. I had found a support page that recommends a card no larger than 32gb and the one I bought was 64.Iwas able to find the exact same SD card on Amazon that's in my device and it's arriving today. That should do it. 

• Hi there I am having the same issue as I bought a secondhand 810, I want to load additional maps, to do so I bought  a 32GB SD Sandisk card. The maps load onto the SD card fine but my device does not pick it up. What card do you have in your 810? Size and make please as I am thinking the 32GB although it states will work on the 810 might to big or to new? I have done all the formatting etc as discovered on other websites giving advise. I am desperate for help please? Many thanks Riaan