This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Speed Sensor keeps disconnecting and reconnecting on my 820

Hello,

My speed sensor keeps disconnection and reconnecting on my 820 during the ride.  My software version is 12.70.  I know I can ride without the sensor and use GPS as a work around (which is what I'm doing), but I would prefer to use the sensor.  I would loose the GPS signal sometimes when I'm ride amount buildings or trees.

Anyone knows if there is a solution?

• I haven't had this issue.  What type of speed sensor is it, one that straps onto the hub or one that uses a magnet on a spoke? Has it worked reliably in the past with 12.70?  Has anything else changed?     If it's worked reliably and nothing else has changed, I would try a new battery in the sensor, (reset the sensor by placing the battery in it upside down for ~ 5 seconds), removing the sensor from the 820 and pairing it again, and if those don't work, doing a factory reset on the 820. If the problem started with an update to 12.70, I'd revert to an earlier version of firmware.

One thing I've done a few times to revive a HR strap was to open up the battery compartment and leave it in a warm spot to dry it out. 

Perhaps others might have some better ideas.

• My speed sensor is the one that straps onto the hub.  I did measure the battery voltage and it was still good, so I did not replace it.  

• i had this a while back after being caught in rain. opened the battery cover but it was dry so i changed the battery but it still did it. i tweeked the battery contacts and that sorted it. mine must have been a bit loose & going over bumps in the road disconnected the battery momentarily.