This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

USB-C cable?

I have a new laptop with only USB-C ports.  Does anyone know where I can find a cable that will connect directly to my Edge 820 *and transfer data*?

I have a USB-C to USB adaptor that works okay, but I'd like to have a single cable solution.  And I am pretty sure I can find a cable that has the same two physical connectors at each end, but less sure any random such cable will do more than just supply power for charging.

• You need a USB-C to micro USB cable. For example, this one will supply power and transfer data (according to the specs) - https://amzn.com/dp/B0828Z13J5

• Looks like that should work, thanks!

• I used one of these in the past but a word of warning based on my experience is that charging on a Macbook is that if you have too high a power draw it can kill the device.

My problem was with a 2017 MacBook and I just happened to have the phone, edge and a portable harddrive connected while the laptop went into really high use. Phone and Edge died as did the USB-C ports on one side of the laptop.

Get a good quality cable if there is such a thing or use a a good quality USB-C to USB-C and a converter to Micro-USB on the end. I would actually recommend that solution as it means you have one cable that can do multiple roles.