This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 820 won’t restart after auto pause

I have an Edge 820 which auto starts fine at the start of a ride but if I stop it won’t auto restart.

Anyone had the same problem?

Thanks

Stuart

• I haven't seen that problem.  Are you using a wheel sensor or relying on GPS?  What auto-pause setting are you using, "when stopped", or a custom speed?  I haven't had your problem, but for me, I find using a wheel sensor and setting a custom speed, like 3mph or 5 kph, works best.

• Funny I’ve realised today that the sensor from my back wheel is missing. I was using it, but wonder if that is what is causing the problem.

• If the 820 doesn't detect a wheel sensor when turned on, it will revert to GPS for speed and distance.  If you lose the wheel sensor while riding, or it dies, it takes awhile for the 820 to decide to switch to GPS for speed and distance.  IDK how long.   Go for another ride without the sensor and the auto-pause function should work via GPS.  Ultimately though, I'd replace the wheel sensor.  I have them on all 5 bikes here, mtb and road.