This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Route reverses on import when it shouldn’t

Been using my (normally) trusty Edge for a few years, but in the last two occasions whenever I’ve used a route - either one I’ve imported recently and am using for the first time, or one I’ve used before, the Garmin tell me I’m off course, even though I’m right on top of the purple line.

The Edge is trying to take me around the wrong way! The most recent route was created on Strava and then imported to the desktop web version of Garmin Connect. I checked it on there to make sure all was good. It was, but when synced with my device it was having none of it!

I even tried reversing the route in the Connect iPhone App, but that didn’t work.

Grateful for any help as the thing is gonna end up in a hedge soon!

Thanks

• Maybe, provide a link. 

The points in the track have time stamps. That’s how the device knows the direction of the route. 

Also, see what another route planner does. Maybe, it’s not the device. 

• Will do,

but one of the routes worked fine before, and the more recent one worked fine in a Garmin Connect.

If the time stamps were out then this would probably have caused a problem there, no?

also, The same GPX file worked OK when used with RWGPS an on a friend’s wahoo.

• It doesn’t make much sense. Just looking at some possibilities to consider. 

The track points can have cumulative distance (another way to determine direction).