This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Loading Course on Edge 820 Very Slow

Hello all. I can see several threads on this, but not sure I have spotted a conclusion.

Loading a course, created in Garmin Connect onto my Edge 820 took 22 mins for a 17 mile ride.

Is this the speed expected ? Is there a workaround for t his (apart from load up the course whilst I get ready)

Thanks in advance

Jacqui

• oh.... yours is taking a long time and it doesn't have that many points.

I'll have a closer look. 3mins and it's not at 50%

I'll see if I can figure out what is going on.

The only obvious thing is that yours is an urban route while mine is rural. That would mean there are more potential turns etc but as the 820 doesn't (shouldn't) have to work out the route it shouldn't make any difference.

The one you loaded of mine was downloaded (from Strava) from another persons ride. I edited it slightly to alter the start point and reduced the points. I've tried reducing the points on yours and its still takes an age to load.

I'm stumped at the moment.

• Jacqui,

The only real difference I note is the amount of cycle paths and density of roads/cycle paths etc compared to my route. I'm not sure why this should make so much difference. It may be something to do with the way the maps are constructed,

Sorry I can't help more,

Nick

• Thanks Nick appreciate your help

• Hi, I know it's and old(ish) thread but I've just read it after a 20+ minutes calculation for a 10km ride upload on my edge explore. I was wondering if anyone had the 11.20 firmware for the 820 Edge Explore ?
    Thanks in advance

• I have stuck with 11.20 and refused upgrades  (hit the X when prompted) - & 11.20 is working fine - route calc done in a couple of mins max. You used to be able to get older firmware from http://www.gawisp.com/perry/edge/ but the site has disappeared! I can't include the file with this message unfortunately - some forum limitation. Is a PM possible?

• The old link to the site has disappeared - maybe Garmin support can give it to you? I have it but there seems no way on the forum to get it to you - short of some clever concealment as small jpgs!