This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

820 battery life !!! and garmin support want £120 for a replacement

Probably familiar story, 2 years 8 months old, battery ride time has deteriorated rapidly over last 6 months, now down to about 4 hours ( 57% left after 1 hour 45 mins,) no Connect IQ apps, basic settings, minimal backlight and manual/30% brightness.No navigation or powermeter. All garmin support can offer is to add me to the open case on the known issue and £120 for a replacement.  It charges fine and retains 100% overnight so not draining when powered off. I have done full factory reset etc.

By comparison, new Garmin 830 , 9% battery usage after 3 hours.  I haven't needed to charge it for 10 days/ 15 hours use and still 40% left. My 800 and 500 are still going and better than my 820, I am a real glutton for punishment , also using Vector 3, , just received the second batch of new battery doors along with the screw in base this time. 

Any 820 thoughts or advice?

I have made my " I should be considered a valued/loyal customer and I deserve better " points to garmin support.

thanks

Mike

• IDK if this pertains in your case, but many, including myself, have experience much shorter battery life after updating to the latest firmware, 12.10.   If you're running the latest rev, you might try reverting to an earlier revision and see if battery life improves.  I believe 11.20 was the previous version.

You can also find 3rd party replacement batteries on line.  The installation is a little fiddly, but might be worth trying.

• I've only just installed v 12.10 in the last couple of weeks and since then I've had battery issues. I'm getting low battery warnings at around 3.5 hours. I'll try and go back to v 11.20.