This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Defect powerbutton Edge 810

Hi Community 

I got a old garmin edge 810 sadly the powerbutton is broken. a friend of minentried to repair but he destroied the button amd the resostors beside the powerbutton. Now i would like to know what resistors are used (i guess there will be 1 resostor and 2 condensators) it would be also good if i could get a picture of the original bitton so that i can order a new one from my suppilier of electronic components. 

Sadly the official garmin help couldn't help me

Thanks. 

Best regards

Daniel

• Doubt you need this info now, but I've just repaired a unit which was in this state. 

There are 3 tiny surface mount components all in parallel, no idea what they are but they measure 10k ohms. I simply put a 10k ohm resistor inline between the top of the switch (which goes to 3.98 V when pressed) and soldered the other end to ground. Works perfectly!

Bottom of the switch is constant power at ~4V, middle at the back is ground, and top goes to ~4V when pressed. 
    2 front connections on the switch are also ground and basically hold the switch in place to the board. 

Pretty fiddly fix, especially when the solder pads have been destroyed by a previously over-zealous attempt, but there is enough room in there for normal sized components which made it easy to fix.