This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

“Weather Alert Small craft advisory”

“Weather Alert Small craft advisory”
Got this message on my Edge 810. I was on Henry Hudson Road riding my bicycle. I think rain was expected in an hour or so. 

• I think an update turned "Weather Alerts" back on.  So annoying. Turn them off on Garmin Connect App..... Garmin Connect>More>Garmin Devices>(Edge520)>Device Setting>Weather Alerts toggle off

• I've been getting that message a lot recently in the San Jose area CA, due to winds.

• Unfortunately the Device (820) keeps switching the alerts on.

Garmin Connect>More>Garmin Devices>(Edge820)>Device Setting>Weather Alerts toggle off

It will stay off in the app until you turn on the device.  The device is somehow toggling alerts in Connect app  to on.

• I've got the exact same problem. Every time I shut off this crap in Garmin Connect, it re-enables itself. Today, I shut if off before a ride and got another notice when I got home, even though the app showed that it was still turned off.

For now, I've gone into Settings > Notifications on my phone (not in the app) and turned off all notifications for Garmin Connect. The next step will be uninstall Garmin Connect, which may be the only way to end this nonsense.

The problem is either that Garmin has the worst software engineers on the planet, or more likely their management just doesn't care about their customers' complaints. I've had problems with Garmin software/firmware from the beginning and I'm kicking myself for buying this 820 after the grief I went through with a 500. There are plenty of other quality bike computers on the market now, so we have options. Unless they get their act together (I'm not holding my breath for that), this will be my last Garmin device.

• Same experience with my 820, I keep turning it off in GC, sync and next time I look it’s back on again. Typically after the 820 power cycles. 

• Suuuuuper annoying. I am hoping I have figured it out now. Go into Garmin Connect app on your phone.... Garmin Devices... Choose your device... Device Settings..... there you will find a "weather" setting that can be shut off.

• It will turn back on as soon as you open the Garmin app.