This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 820 Loses Connection to Sensors

On my ride today, everything was working fine until I hit the ride meeting spot. When we started up again, my Edge 820 lost the connection to my Pioneer Power Meter. I was able to reconnect that, but immediately the connection to my HR monitor (Wahoo TickerX) & Di2 were both lost. I tried reconnecting, and had no luck. I've been having this problem more and more lately where my Garmin loses the connection to my HR monitor - at first I thought my Tickr was malfunctioning, so I replaced the batter. When that didn't work, I switch to using the TickerX.

Does anyone have a solution to this? Or is my Edge 820 just dying? Edge is on the latest 12.10 SW.

• For the past long while I haven't had issues with my ANT+ PMs, HRMs, and cadence sensors. Years ago I did but not recently.  I haven't yet ridden much on 12.10 so IDK about that.

One thing you might try is deleting the sensors and pairing them again.  If that doesn't work:

Try a factory reset.  You can save your settings and screens by copy the appropriate files to your computer. 

If that doesn't work, reverting to 11.20 might do the trick.

• I have the same issues as you experienced since I bought my 820: HR disconnect (both Wahoo Tickr & TickerX) and my cadence sensor too. Most of the time my HR monitor refresh is slow and has delays on the display... Very annoying! I have no idea how to fix these loses with sensors.

• I suggest using ANT+ rather than BT where possible for sensor pairing.  ANT+ has been more reliable.  Many current sensors will do either so chose ANT+ if available. 

If that doesn't work, try a factory reset.  And if that doesn't work, try reverting to 11.2 firmware.

• Thanks looigi! How do we select BT or ANT+, is it in the Garmin unit? I have searched in the Settings and Sensor menus but I found nothing about this... Thank you!

• Delete the sensor from the 820.  Wake the sensor up and try to pair it again.  If the sensor is both BT and ANT+, you should see two different sensors available for pairing on the 820, one BT and the other ANT+.  Choose the ANT+ sensor.