This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Downloading saved courses from 820 to computer

Hello,

I have several rides saved as courses on my 820 after riding them. Since I won't be riding them again soon I would like to move them from my 820 (to keep the overview) and save them on my computer so I can upload them again at a later point.

What is the best way of doing this? Can I drag and drop the files when connected via usb, or....

Thx

• Yes.  When I create a course (almost always in RWGPS) I save it to a folder on my hard drive.  I plug in the 820 to a USB port on my computer and after it boots up in storage mode, I simply drag and drop (copy)  the course(s) into the Garmin/New Files folder on the 820. To move a course from the 820, find it in the Garmin/Courses folder on the 820 and drag and drop it where you want on your computer.

To delete a course on the 820, I boot it up and use its menu to delete them.

Since I always start out by saving a new course to my computer, they're always already on my computer so there's no need to move them from the 820 onto my computer.