Can anyone recommend a battery replacement for this poor excuse of a cycling computer?

Ideally one that doesn't drain almost as fast off (properly powered off) as when on? When fully charged it's doing its job and survives quite happily for my typical 3-4h rides but for some reason it has this constant battery drain meaning I've grabbed what I think would be a fully charged unit to find it has virtually no power left. I don't understand this as it's a lithium ion battery which should only lose 1-2% of life per month. My device goes fully flat from full in under two weeks. The device is two years old and I ride about 3000 km per year.

Parents
  • As OP, I have Edge 820 for about 2 years. The battery life was always an issue with this unit due to constant use of GPS. Garmin rated 15 hours on fully charged battery. But on my long 100+ miles and 5-6 hours ride it's never happen. The battery save mode turns automatically after about 5 hours. And if temperature is colder the battery drains faster. When unit was new the battery life was little better. To fix this Garmin charging $110. I hate Garmin for releasing they products(I had/have many) prematurely and making us customers they guinea pigs.    

• As OP, I have Edge 820 for about 2 years. The battery life was always an issue with this unit due to constant use of GPS. Garmin rated 15 hours on fully charged battery. But on my long 100+ miles and 5-6 hours ride it's never happen. The battery save mode turns automatically after about 5 hours. And if temperature is colder the battery drains faster. When unit was new the battery life was little better. To fix this Garmin charging $110. I hate Garmin for releasing they products(I had/have many) prematurely and making us customers they guinea pigs.    

Children