This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bluetooth Connectivity/Sync Issues Feedback

We realize how important Bluetooth Connection is to our customers and how frustrating it can be when there are issues with it. If you are experiencing these issues with Bluetooth Syncing/Connection, we would like the following information to help understand the issue.

• What phone are you using?
  • Was the Connect app open to the foreground, minimized (running in the background) or closed when the sync didn't completed? https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202070
  • Did you try prompting a sync? If so, did that work?
  • Did the activity/data sync to the Garmin Connect app? If not, what steps did you take to get the data to sync?
  • Do you have any other Bluetooth devices actively paired with the Edge during the syncing process?
  • For a long time and with two different 820s I experienced the following pattern:

1. Connects instantly without Connect running on Galaxy S8 for 3-5 rides, then:
    2. Connects only if Connect is running in background 3-5 rides, then:
    3. Connects only if Connect is in the foreground 3-5 rides, then:
    4. Connects only if Connect is in the foreground and I tap on the 820 Icon upper right for 3-5 rides, then:
    5. Doesn't connect at all, then:
    6. I forget pairings on phone and 820, uninstall Connect from phone, reinstall Connect, redo BT setup, and loop back to 1.

About a 1.5 weeks ago it had progressed to step 4, and then out of the blue, it went back and has stayed at step 1.  There might have been a Connect update in the interim that I wasn't aware of.  It's too soon to tell, but here's knocking on wood it's been fixed.

• Does anyone have SYNC laptop trouble; in which the  *Google Chrome originally has been installed, but then the *Google Chrome BETA was additionally installed.
    BUT the trouble being that the Google Chrome, when sources are received at --- only produce a BLACK,  BLANK WINDOW.  Partial in size to the screen.
    This can be nothing other related than to "Sync"  -- of the computer.  As many sources received are shown not at full "sync."

I finally have received 1 of such from Garmin, with a replied email during a chat.

• Phone:  Motorola Moto G5 Plus

Connect App: 520 will not connect to the phone with the app open or closed on the phone

Sync Prompt:  tried forgetting 520 on phone and phone on Edge, then reconnecting,   Both phone and Edge acknowledge the pairing, but Edge 520 hangs up on screen "waiting for Bluetooth" after providing connect code

Other devices: no other devices connected via bluetooth during pairing.  Edge 520 listed as paired, but Edge will not connect 

• iPhone 11

Bluetooth sync hasn't worked since v.12.70. Would someone from Garmin tell us why it's taking so long to remedy this issue? 

The only successful step to getting the Edge 820 to sync is to do it manually via a cable which defeats the purpose of having Bluetooth capability in the first place. Please let us know when a new firmware version will be available to remedy this issue, since it's been over a month?  

• Good morning, since version 12.70 it is almost impossible for me to pair the mobile with the edge 820. It is very important to me, because I go out alone and I have lost the incident detection function.

Could they tell you how to downgrade to the previous version? or fix it with an update

• Call Garmin. They walked me through a few steps that restored BT functionality without having to downgrade firmware. 

Unfortunately, I can’t recall what they were, but it’s working again with 12.70z

• Thanks, I send mail to Garmin support