This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Firmware 11.20 - still no fix for Bluetooth connectivity issues?

How long is it now since the 820 BT connection issue was introduced? There was a comment from one of the Garmin mods that it was being investigated, but several firmware releases later there has been no sign of a fix. 

I'm tempted to say that this is typically bad attitude from Garmin, not acknowledging that the problem exists, let alone doing something about it.

Garmin, how about giving us an update on this? Pretty please? 

• Not a fix, but this has been working for me (lately).  After having paired and set everything up in Connect on my Galaxy S8, it typically works for a few rides, then quits working.  The phone and 820 never subsequently find each other.  So, at the start of the ride,  I open Connect on my Galaxy S8,  boot up the 820,  then tap the 820 icon at the top of the Connect screen. The app and 820 acknowledge the connection and it works; notifications, LiveTrack auto start, auto upload at end of ride.  

Previously, I tried many things, wiping bluetooth pairings on both ends, reinstalling Connect on the phone, redoing pairings, resetting the 820 and trying all of it again.  It typically would work for a few rides then quit.

• Never mind.  The 820-phone bluetooth quit working today.  Nothing I tried could get the phone and 820 talking.  I had to delete pairing on both and redo the pairing through the Connect app process to get it to work.  I've had to do this many many times in the past.  This is with 11.20 and latest Connect app, Galaxy S8 running the Android update that came down a week ago.

• Make sure you start Garmin Connect on your phone before starting your ride. It's enough for me to restore the connection.

GPS has also to be activated on the phone.

• You might note that is exactly what I described as working for me in my first post and what I said quit working in my second post. I subsequently tried: Open Connect and boot the 820, boot the 820 and open Connect, reboot the phone and try both again, etc... nothing resulted in a connection.

I've been using an 820 since Jul 2016 with several different Android phones.  The bluetooth connection had been consistently unreliable.