This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Incident Detection

Hey,

I tried the incident detection feature about a year ago and I swear I was able to cancel a false positive via the 820 head unit. I've just tried re-enabling it this week and it has cause a false positive twice. Each time I've had to get out my phone and touch "I'm Ok" so it sends a follow up message to my contacts saying I am okay and not in trouble.

Has anyone else noticed this change?

I'm about to disable it anyway as it is way too sensitive to bumps on the road.

Cheers

• I have also the same behaviour. I have to cancel the false posive on my Garmin and also I must cancel the Phone within 20 sec?. A little bit annoying if you have hidden the phone in a plastic cover.

• Even better. This problem occurs more often than one expects BUT also since the Edge is having having a hard time staying connected to the telephone since one of the past updates, one gets into a very annoying situation. The Edge beeps until you turn it off and back on. I am sure Garmin will fix this as soon as the summer biking season is past. I think your suggestion to disable this feature is the best route at this time.