This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Firmware Version 11.10 Now Available

Firmware version 11.10 for the Edge 820 is now available. This update can be downloaded through Garmin Express or Garmin Connect Mobile when available.

Phased Rollout 20% at 10:35am CST [h=4]Changes made from version 11.00 to 11.10:[/h]

• Added support for 12-speed shifting sensors.
  • Fixed data field issues when using a shifting system with no front derailleur.
  • Fixed issue where radar would not automatically reconnect after being disconnected for more than 2 minutes.
  • Updated RTL510 and RTL500 light modes for Auto and Trail modes.
  • Fixed Varia lights not activating when starting an activity.
  • Made several improvements to the Sensor Details UI for Vector 3 power meters.
  • Fixed average power balance data field not working correctly.
  • Added the option to choose the radar alert tone.
  • Fixed an issue where setting the device language through Garmin Connect would result in the language defaulting back to English.
  • Fixed an issue where going through the data screen flow would automatically enable the screen.
  • Fixed an issue preventing the device from manually connecting to a network SSID.
  • I just bought my Edge 820, and updated to 11.10 before I started using the device. There is a problem with the time format - it changes from 24h to 12h every time I sync the 820 to my phone. I then have to manually change back to 24h time format on the 820.

• Change time format setting in (web) Garmin Connect - on the device page there then sync your device. If it is correct there then change - sync - change - sync

• Added the option to choose the radar alert tone.

Thank god you add this.  With the recent updates to change the radar alert longer tone, it made the radar almost useless except beeping all the time to use in a city commute, I have to remove my radar mount on my commute bike and switch back to my normal non-smart nothing rare light.  Thanks for the update I can now install the radar mount on my commuter again!!! 

• I updated my 820 and now when i turn it on it just shuts down after it fully boots. It stays up for about 5 seconds. 

• If you can mount to PC have look in the Garmin\NewFiles folder, if there is anything in there then delete it and see if the unit then restarts after disconnecting from the PC.

You may need to force it into mass storage.

Force to Mass Storage -
    Turn unit off. Hold the lap/reset button while plugging the unit into the USB. Continue holding the lap/reset for 30 seconds and the unit should go to mass storage.

• i plugged back in to the pc and it appears the maps need to update so it's up and running again. Very strange because the app showed that the update was done. Thanks for the reply

• Does this firmware include a fix for the Bluetooth problem documented at https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/cycling/f/edge-820/158035/connect-bluetooth-820? In that thread you said 2 months ago that the problem was being researched, but I've seen no update on that and the problem is driving me nuts!

• Had the same problem after updating to 11.10. Found out that it was when it tried to connect to the WiFi on my work. Turning off Wifi helped. But had to try 3 times, since the device closed down after 5-10 seconds after being started... After turning wifi off, I could then remove the network from the the device.