This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Connect bluetooth 820

After the last upgrade of the Garmin Connect app my mobile and edge device 820 no longer connect. I completely uninstalled garmin connect and installed ex novo but after the first pairing to the next one it doesn't find the edge device 820 anymore. I noticed however that after the first pairing in the bluethooh options of my mobile there are two icons one the classic one of the bluetooh with beside written Edge 820 and another PC-shaped icon also written Edge 820. It looks like two devices are connected to my cellphone ... Boh. Does anyone have a remedy? Every time I have to download a tour, I always have to delete my cellphone from the garmine device and mate again. Even with wifi the same thing. This thing is frustrating. Everything worked very well before. Signature version v.11
  • Same here. Edge 820 and Android 7.1.2, the problem and symptoms are exactly as you described. But I have the impression that the issue improved recently, during the last few days.

Garmin Connect: Build Ver. Name 4.16.1, Build Ver. Code 4653, Last updated March 14th 2019
  • OK same for me.
    Deleted Edge 820 from my phone 2 times and repaired. Pairs ok
    Rebooting device yields ------->connecting to BT - searching
    CG App on phone Edge 820 not connected. (?)
    Vivoactive 3 connected (sync now)
    Not sure when this changed.
    Edge 820 SW 11.00
    Google PIxel XL Android Ver 9

• I've exactly the same issue with Bluetooth connection. Since the last update of the Garmin Connect app I cannot connect my Edge 820 anymore. After deleting the Edge and re-paring it again it works exactly for one time.
  • Me too. Edge fw 11.0, Android 9 on Nokia 8 with GC 4.16.1.

Anyone from Garmin care to comment?
  • Edge FW 11.0
    Android 8.0 on Samsung S8+
    GCM 4.16.1

The 820 connects to the phone and stays connected. I get notifications throughout the ride. It will not upload the ride though. Pressing the sync button in the app does nothing. Hitting upload from the 820 gets an "upload failed". I ususally have to turn the 820 on and off half a dozen times. Leave it then come back an hour later, turn it on then it seems to work.

To add to this. when in GCM it shows the 820 as connected. Pressing the "sync now" icon does nothing. When pressing the icon with my Fenix 5x connected you actually get a sync status bar.
  • I have the same problem since updating to v11. Clear all pairings from phone and Edge820 then repair. Works fine and can turn Garmin off and on with Bluetooth reconnecting fine. Restart phone and the Bluetooth won't reconnect. Get a different symbol on the Bluetooth connection screen. Almost as if there is another device called Edge 820! Clearing all pairings and re-pair device works....until I need to turn off the phone again!. Worked fine on v10. If Garmin can't fix this soon I will be looking to roll back to v10.
  • Try this, it worked for me today.

GC app --> Garmin Devices --> select Edge 820 remove device --> restart phone & 820 --> readd 820 in GC app.

Restarted my Edge 820, 3 times this am and it connected via BT each time.
    Haven't use on ride yet.
    GC ver 4.16.1
    Android ver 9
    Pixel XL

• I guess my issue is a little different. I can get my 820 to half pair. Livetrack works, notifications work. Syncing does not work.

GC app --> Garmin Devices --> select Edge 820 remove device --> restart phone & 820 --> readd 820 in GC app.

Haven't use on ride yet.
    GC ver 4.16.1
    Android ver 9
    Pixel XL

That works provided I don't restart my phone. After a restart the connection doesn't work. Have to clear paired devices and re-pair again.

Haven't use on ride yet.
    GC ver 4.16.1
    Android ver 9
    Pixel XL

Just tried it again for maybe the 12th time. And it's working! When I press the "Sync Now" Icon I actually get a sync status bar that completes.