This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Connect bluetooth 820

After the last upgrade of the Garmin Connect app my mobile and edge device 820 no longer connect. I completely uninstalled garmin connect and installed ex novo but after the first pairing to the next one it doesn't find the edge device 820 anymore. I noticed however that after the first pairing in the bluethooh options of my mobile there are two icons one the classic one of the bluetooh with beside written Edge 820 and another PC-shaped icon also written Edge 820. It looks like two devices are connected to my cellphone ... Boh. Does anyone have a remedy? Every time I have to download a tour, I always have to delete my cellphone from the garmine device and mate again. Even with wifi the same thing. This thing is frustrating. Everything worked very well before. Signature version v.11
  • I have a Vivoactive 3 Music. A similar issue is happening to this watch either.
  • I rolled my Garmin back to v10.0
    Now working fine!

This is taken from a post on Singletrack forum.

Old firmware versions available here: http://gawisp.com/perry/edge/
    Download the version you want, then rename the file to GUPDATE.GCD, and copy it to the Garmin folder on the Edge. Then unplug it and switch it on, and it should install that firmware version.

UPDATE
    Tested over the weekend. The roll back to v10 didn't solve the issue. I am now convinced it's the app that is the problem.
    After clearing cache and reinstalling GC the pairing works. I can turn off the Edge 820 and the bluetooth and they will auto re-pair when turned back on. However, restart the phone or stop and restart the app and the bluetooth pairing is screwed. Only way to get connection back is to unpair, clear cache and re-pair the devices. What a faff.
    Hopefully Garmin will get this sorted soon.
  • Anyone from Garmin monitoring these boards?
    Not had any comment to acknowledge the Bluetooth connectivity that is affecting all GC users. Seems the latest update of GC is buggy on the Bluetooth connection.

Would be nice to know if someone is there and if you guys at Garmin are looking in to this.
  • As for the syncing and re connection problem you are experiencing, we are researching this to determine the cause. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

• Garmin-Matthew Thanks for the reply. It's not a generalisation if you read through a lot of the threads. There's a lot of people having trouble with sync and connection problems. The common thread is that since GC last update 14th March, people have been having trouble. If I could roll back the app to the version before, when GC was stable, I would. Hope you find a resolution quickly. I need my Garmin 820 to connect seamlessly before the end of April due to taking part in a multi-day event. Having to re-pair every day will be a pain in the.....I think you'll understand!
  • I rolled my Garmin back to v10.0
    Now working fine!

This is taken from a post on Singletrack forum.

Old firmware versions available here: http://gawisp.com/perry/edge/
    Download the version you want, then rename the file to GUPDATE.GCD, and copy it to the Garmin folder on the Edge. Then unplug it and switch it on, and it should install that firmware version.

UPDATE
    Tested over the weekend. The roll back to v10 didn't solve the issue. I am now convinced it's the app that is the problem.
    After clearing cache and reinstalling GC the pairing works. I can turn off the Edge 820 and the bluetooth and they will auto re-pair when turned back on. However, restart the phone or stop and restart the app and the bluetooth pairing is screwed. Only way to get connection back is to unpair, clear cache and re-pair the devices. What a faff.
    Hopefully Garmin will get this sorted soon.

I think you are correct in saying it's the app. I am still on v11.0 and if I restart my phone It sort of forgets the 820. What's weird is that for me it doesn't fully forget the 820. It shows "connected" in the app, but when you press the sync icon it just endlessly spins. The 820 will not sync and Livetrack will not work, but I still get notifications on my 820. The 820 shows bluetooth coneected as well. If I don't turn my phone off it seems to work 90% of the time.
  • I have the same bluetooth connection issue with the 820. I noticed the 820 is not connected in the android app. I tried to remove and re-add the 820 but without success. Today the 820 didn't connect at all, I tried switching off/on 820 as well as restart my phone but it still does not connect. The 820 is connected on bluetooth layer however. Interestingly, I also have FR 935, which works without issues.
  • Garmin-Matthew that's nice, but are you guys using any kind of proactive tracking to see when these issues come up? A simple Splunk/whatever configuration should be flagging when a pile of Edge 820 users are suddenly using wi-fi sync for everything instead of BT over GCM. This has been going on for weeks now with no communication - you know the users, you know the devices, why aren't we getting proactive emails on this?

And yes, both my wife and I are now BT-less on our Edge 820s (both 10.26 and 11.00, we upgraded over wifi hoping it would help) to our phones. Considering emergency notification is part of the reason I picked up an Edge, I'd call this a safety issue, no?

• There's been no update for GCM, but bluetooth has worked flawlessly the last week.