This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Temperature and Altimeter Wrong

Hi, buy new garmin 820 in china, from aliexpress.com and problem is temperature -5ºC always and altimeter is 20 the 25.000m all time, never change temperature, all time -5ºC
Activities are wrong, very wrong
Need help
  • Are there any stickers or something on the back of the device that may be blocking the altimeter port?
  • Are there any stickers or something on the back of the device that may be blocking the altimeter port?

No, i need help!
  • We would encourage you to reach out to the Garmin Support team for the region you are currently located.
  • I've had this issue too and have been working with Garmin support. There can be problems if there are files on the device. They don't seem to know which ones cause the problem. Even a factory reset might not fix it, but there are other files you can remove in that case (like the saved activities.). It's frustrating. I was convinced it was a hardware issue until I deleted a few files this afternoon and it was working perfectly, for a few minutes, and then it happened again.
  • Hi!

Is there a solution to this problem? Has anything changed in the last 4 years?

I have an identical malfunction on two Garmin edge 820 devices. Upgrading the software to the latest version did not solve anything.