This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Live Track Autostart not working

I've been using Autostart with LiveTrack for many months without problem. However, for no obvious reason it has suddenly stopped working. When I start a ride LiveTrack no longer automatically starts.

Starting LiveTrack manually works fine and I receive notifications from my phone on my 820 - all of which seems to eliminate any Bluetooth connectivity issues. Both phone (Android, Samsung S7 Edge) and 820 have the latest software installed.

Anyone had a similar issue, or, even better, know the cause and solution?
  • Great article from DC Rainmaker on the software quality issues of Garmin:

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2019/06/competitor-software-instability.html

LiveTrack is one of the mentioned problems.

• Shawn, after about one year, when can we expect a working solution? 

• Still not working. Crickets from Garmin. Not interested in fixing this security feature?

Did a ride today and after about 1km I only got the message that LiveTrack failed for whatever reason. And no, my LTE was working and Edge and iPhone had a stable bluetooth connection.

• In your phone go to location settings for the connect app and set it to “always” 

• In your phone go to location settings for the connect app and set it to “always” 

This was always the case as I also sync weather data from the app and hence this has to be allowed.

• I have had the 820 for about 2 1/2 years.  Live Track seems to get goofy every time Garmin releases a new firmware version.  So I have flipped back and forth between Auto Start and Manual Start each update to make it work.  Between the iOS 13 release and Garmin 820 version 12.10, Live Track is totally unreliable whether I do a manual or auto start. This is even after I "forgot" my Garmin 820 Bluetooth connections (plural) and relinked them.  It will start off okay and then drop for the ride, or look like it has started and then not have any data until later in the ride.  I have never seen that before.  I have my location of the Connect App in iOS settings to "Always".  I still don't know why there are two Garmin BT connections.  The 820 tells you to go and delete one of them, which I never did in the past and Live Track worked okay.  Live Track isn't the end all for me, so I am not going to wipe my Garmin settings and start over.  I will wait for a while (weeks or months) for a Garmin fix in hopes that future releases work again.  My BT connectivity to my iPhone is just fine as I rely on and am using the Wind Field data field from IQ Apps..  It is much more relevant to me riding than for someone else to sometimes watch me ride.