This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 820 , manually set time or time zone ???

Hi there

Is there a way to manually set time or time zone in Edge 820 ?

All the clocks in the world had been gone back 1 hour yesterday night.

However due to a new stupid law, the clocks in Turkey did not go back by 1 hour , they remained the same.

So how to set my Edge 820 now. When I go out and check the gps time it also shows 1 hour behind.

Now is 11:20 but my 820 shows it as 10:20

How to fix that ?

I think there is no solution unless Garmin makes a new update where the user can set the time manually if he wants.
  • There is no way that you can fix it. You need to first check that you have the latest time zone map, which I'm sure you have by syncing via Garmin Express. If you have the latest map then you will need to contact Garmin Support and report the problem as they will need to issue an update to the Garmin Rime zone map.
  • There is no way that you can fix it. You need to first check that you have the latest time zone map, which I'm sure you have by syncing via Garmin Express. If you have the latest map then you will need to contact Garmin Support and report the problem as they will need to issue an update to the Garmin Rime zone map.

Alan, I have contacted Garmin Support and I hope they do release an update ASAP because you tend to forget the time shown on the Edge 820 that it's 1 hour back while riding in a hurry or something.
  • Same issue here in California, 3 years later. We just changed to Daylight Savings time and my Garmin is an hour off. Fortunately Strava is smarter than my Garmin Edge 820, and my rides have the correct start time. 

• Maybe just on another point, my Garmin Edge 820 had a software update when I downloaded a training session onto Training Peaks and afterwards the time of day was totally wrong. I was using the unit indoors for the past 5 weeks because of the Covid 19 lockdown here in my country (South Africa). I could not manually set the time correctly.... until I read somewhere that if you take the unit outside and let it locate satellites then it will automatically determine your time zone and set the time correctly, and it actually worked! 

Hope that will help someone with the same problem. 

• Had the issue for over 14 months now after moving from UK to US.  Think i will have to bite the bullet and move platforms as Garmin seem to enjoy charging premium for equipment, then its back of a wagon support.  Not sure why you cannot update your time manually, its been a standard option on most devices for over 2 decades, update time automatically or manual.

• Had the issue for over 14 months now after moving from UK to US.  Think i will have to bite the bullet and move platforms as Garmin seem to enjoy charging premium for equipment, then its back of a wagon support.  Not sure why you cannot update your time manually, its been a standard option on most devices for over 2 decades, update time automatically or manual.