This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

530 unsuccessful pair with phone

hi got my garmin 530 2 days ago, but it just gives me only frustrations

i cant get it to pair with my samsung s9 or girlfriends iphone se

updated it to the latest 3.41 beta version aswell, but without success 

the gps aswell loses connection every few seconds and even standing still the device counts meters and gives random speed numbers

i can see the device via bluetooth and sometimes it gives me a key for completion, but the app tells me that the pairing was unsuccessful and the device is still in searching mode

did i get a faulty device and should i send it back? or am i doing something wrong

• yeap after all this time today i finally paired my phone with the edge

• As of 1/12/2020, your item 3 did the trick and worked on my Samsung S8 with Android 9 days after the initial pairing. To make a BT connection between the phone and the 530 with SW version 5.10, check that the phones Garmin Connect app with version 4.26>Settings>Phone Permissions>Location is turned ON and the phones GPS location is turned ON. Make sure to have the phone location ON for about 30 seconds before turning the 530 ON.

• How did you managed that.....my Garmin 530 drives me insane....get the 6 digit number and it starts to complete and stops after the half

• mine too, tried everything. oneplus 8 on android 10, stops half way through connection then says pairing failed, 5 hours now!!

• This doesn’t make any sense but the pairing function is bugged I have an iPhone 11 and I could not get it to work with the normal method no matter what. What did finally work is I forgot the Garmin in my Bluetooth list then I started the whole pairing process manually by selecting the 530 from the list then select The device when it pops up to pair Garmin 530 right when it gets to the pin part I hit cancel for the first time then selected 530 again and paired and it worked it’s like the first menu is bugged for pairing 

• I would have to agree. I have an iPhone XR and I have to forget and re-pair on both the app and in bluetooth settings every day to get it paired. This happens every day and is very annoying. The process takes about 10 minutes so I'm sitting out there in the dark and the cold by the side of the road and has become a ritual. There has to be a fix soon surely??

• Hmm... I've only had issues since an upgrade to Android 10 on Tuesday. Everything fine up until that point. Now it's random when they devices connect and nothing syncs between the two. Incident detection contacts are not being sent/picked up. Ride data is not automatically syncing etc. raised a ticket but not hopeful of an early response

• I have raised a ticket. My Moto g(7) upgraded to Android 10 on Tuesday and since then I have the same issue. I can sometimes get the app/edge connected but no data is synced between the two e.g. incident detection contacts aren't being sent/received. Android 10 is the problem as it works fine on an old Android 6 phone.

• Ive just bought my 530 4th June 2020 and I have OnePlus 8 Pro, same issue as here.  After speaking to Garmin, they have a ticket open on this issue, but how long is that going to take to find out what the real issue is.  I managed to get it to connect once, then the next day it would not connect again and same pending issue as mentioned here.  I might try the no wifi and see if that makes any difference

• Had exactly the same issue and this resolved it.  How Garmin haven't resolved this yet I will never know!