This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

530 unsuccessful pair with phone

hi got my garmin 530 2 days ago, but it just gives me only frustrations

i cant get it to pair with my samsung s9 or girlfriends iphone se

updated it to the latest 3.41 beta version aswell, but without success 

the gps aswell loses connection every few seconds and even standing still the device counts meters and gives random speed numbers

i can see the device via bluetooth and sometimes it gives me a key for completion, but the app tells me that the pairing was unsuccessful and the device is still in searching mode

did i get a faulty device and should i send it back? or am i doing something wrong

• I managed to BT pair my Garmin Edge 530 with GCM on a Samsung Galaxy A40 running Android 10. I then BT unpaired the Edge and the Galaxy. Then I tried again to BT pair GCM on my Moto and it gets stuck and fails, like before. 

• When I open the BT menu in my Moto while the BT pairing seems to be stuck, I can observer the BT connection being dropped and reestablished every 10s or so. I also observe the BT icon in the connection prefs menu turns red at some time in the process. This red BT icon becomes grey again when I powercycle the Moto.

• It looks like I finally SOLVED the problem and that the Moto resp. Android 10 system was to blame.

What I did: I removed the Edge BT connection in the Android BT settings, switched BT off, then force-stopped the BT system app in Android and cleared the cache and data of this app. Then I also force-stopped the GCM app and cleared cache and data of this app, too. After all this resetting and clearing I logged into GCM again and then the BT pairing finally succeeded.

The BT tasks I performed are described here in detail: https://androidhow.eu/wie-man/so-beheben-sie-bluetooth-probleme-auf-dem-samsung-geraet-android-10/ Although this article refers to a Samsung, this also applies to the Moto or other Android 10 smartphones.

• My problem isn't being able to Pair, it's staying paired. I have an iPhone XR and I have to forget and re-pair on both the app and in Bluetooth settings every day to get it paired. This happens every day and is very annoying. The process takes about 10 minutes so I'm sitting out there in the dark and the cold by the side of the road and has become a ritual. There has to be a fix soon surely

• This did not work for me, its the fact that the Bluetooth device in your Bluetooth menu shows the device as there then it flickers between being connected to disconnect, this in turn means the Garmin app is not being able to properly connect for the first time.  Agreed its i bug of some kind because I have the Garmin fenix 6 X pro and it's perfect and also Javra 75T earphones which are very stable connected.  It's something with the edge 530.  Frustrating as I love Garmin.

• Hi all,

I helped my dad who was struggling for a week to get his new Garmin edge 530 paired to his Land Rover smartphone. 

The problem was that he was using his smartwatch all along. Turning the smartwatch off for pairing was the solution. After pairing, both devices connected simultaneously.

Hope this helps.

• Hello! after seeing that many are having problems with the combination of the Edge 530 and OnePlus phones i found an interesting post in the OnePlus forum that solved the problem!

If installing an older version of the garmin connect app, it took me less than a minute to connect with my Edge 530. (Im using an OnePlus 8)

Hopefully its ok to post a link from another forum here:

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/garmin-edge-530-doesnt-pair.1221758/

Here you can install the "older" version of the garmin connect app right away (remove the current app before):

https://www.apk4fun.com/apk/532963/

Hope this helps!

• I had the same issue on my Moto with Android 10. Couldn't find the BT system app, but I followed the rest of the steps and successfully paired the Edge 530.

• This worked for me on the Sony Xperia 1 ii.  Thank you so much for this.  Just need to watch I don't update the app I guess.  Now just need to solve the car Bluetooth issue. 

• If Garmin read these then you have an issue with more modern phones working with your newest app.  Downloading the old app makes the edge connect.  Please fix this....