This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Live Track not working AGAIN!

hi there

Has anyone else had problems with Live track and the Edge 520?

The problem I have is this, after about an hour of riding, the tracking just hangs. When I stop at a coffee stop and check the email link to see if the tracking is working, it  It says "Session Complete" and has a white spinning circle. The 520 and phone still say live tracking is on. I have the 520 set to autostart live track. I have also tried turning that feature off and manually starting it and get the same problem. This problem has been like this for quite a few months now.

I have checked Garmin Connect permissions of the phone to check if GPS is allowed all the time and all seems ok.

I'm wondering if the phone is loosing connection via Bluetooth with the 520 and when it reconnects its lots its place/location? or maybe GPS problem. Running out of ideas of things to try.

it seems to work fine for rides around the hour, but longer rides is where the problem seems to occur.

I updated my phone last year and now have a Samsung A52 and I use a Garmin Vivoactive 3 music, to send live heartrate to the 520. My bike also has a duotrap sensor sending speed and cadence data to the 520. Apart from the phone, I have had the same hardware for a couple of years and live track has worked fine and been very reliable.

I have also tried the old trick of "downgrading" Garmin Connect to an older version from last year. I tried version 4.40 from around March 2021. This didn't fix the problem.

Does anyone know if when the 520 is Live Tracking, does it use the phones GPS or the GPS in the 520? I'm trying to rule out if the issue is with the new phone (August 2021) or Garmin updates. My old phone unfortunately died, so I cant use that to prove the Garmin side of things is working. 

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Best Regards

Simon