This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Edge 520 Plus won't connect with Macbook Pro

When I connect my Garmin Edge 520 Plus with my Macbook Pro it no longer shows up as a device in 'Applications' on the Mac and therefore I can't upload and download files.

It charges the device when connected but nothing else so it must be connecting in some way.

I was cycling in the rain on Sunday and it's not worked properly since, could this be the issue?

Very frustrating in the meantime!

• Make sure you're using a data cable and not a charging cable (which won't have the data pins connected) for the computer connection. If it is a data cable try a different one to eliminate a defective cable as a cause.

• Funnily enough my Garmin cable also stopped working (wouldn't even charge) so I've bought an equivalent replacement off Amazon (over 1000 reviews 4.5 stars) - it charges the device but doesn't connect still.

• Two bad cables isn't very likely, so the USB connector would be the prime suspect.

• Just had similar issue and thought I would include troubles incase someone else finds this thread.  I have a 2015 iMac and a 2021 MacBookPro M1.  MacBookPro, I connected the Garmin cable to a Usb -> Lightning connector and my 520Plus was not even being seen by Finder.  Connected 520Plus to my older iMac with just the Garmin cable straight into a USB port on the iMac...works fine there.  My Lightning connector is also testing fine via other peripherals...so, who knows what is going now.  But, I got into finally do some updates.

• I finally got it to work.   I just kept trying different USB to USB mini cables (through a hub that connect via USB Type C to the MI MacBook Pro and eventually found one that worked. (Anker).  Go figure.   Come On Garmin... you got to do better