This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New 520 plus will not connect to iPhone or MacBook

Iphone- pairing finds the iPhone but  then I get a message saying  that connection Unsuccesful - Make sure the Edge is turned on and in range (when its next to my iPhone)

macbook - using Garmin Express version 7.8.0 will not connect using USB cable

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Make sure the Edge is turned on and in range (when its next to my iPhone)

First make sure you have the latest version of the Garmin Connect Mobile app for iOS. 4.47.2 just came out yesterday.

For connecting over Bluetooth with Garmin Connect for iOS, make sure you're connecting using the app and not the Bluetooth settings on your phone. 

Edge 520 Plus - Pairing Your Smartphone (garmin.com)

Also, this video might be helpful

• My Garmin 520 Plus also will not connect to my new MAcBook Pro with Big Sur OS version 11.6. I too am using Garmin Express version 7.8.00 and Garmin ver 5.70.

The Varia RTL510 does discover and connect using the same usb cables as I use for the 520 Plus. 

Waiting to hear back from Garmin Support

Russ

• Hi, I have the same problem, would be pleased to know if you do get a "helpful" response from Garmin

• I did get info from Garmin. My 520 + is out of warranty and it needs to be exchanged or replaced. There is a exchange fee of I believe $120.  I am currently on a 7 day cycling trip across NC and will most likely visit my LBS back in Hickory, NC and test if a Garmin 530 will connect correctly. If so I'll purchase the 530.

Russ