This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 520 is deleting ride history automatically

My Edge 520 has started deleting ride history automatically? It never used to. Is this configurable? I only connect to it using the iPhone Connect app, or via PC/USB when I want to upload my rides to Golden Cheetah, usually once a week. However, the rides are now being deleted before I get the chance to copy them. Thanks.

• Is there enough storage space left on the 520 to save the rides?

• Hi. I just looked by plugging it in via USB and viewed properties in File Explorer and it shows 35MB free.

• OK. Also I think others have commented that having a very large number of activities saved can cause problems even if space is available.

• I have come across that issue in the past but now I won't as it is deleting all except the most recent two rides!

• I'm out of ideas other than factory reset.

• I see no reason to only upload to "Golden Cheetah" once a week.  Why not have the 520 and your phone paired while riding and then when you save the ride it should automatically upload to Garmin  Connect via you phone's data connection or Wifi at you location.  If that is not a possiblilty then I would begin....

First, let's state the obvious and make sure you are "saving" your ride and not accidently hitting another button.  Next, I would un-pair the phone from the 520 and then re-pair them and see if that works.  If that doesn't work try deleting the Garmin app from your phone and reset your 520.  If that doesn't clear things up you may need to revert to an earlier version of Garmin Connect on your phone.  I was having a problem with Live Track not working and the solution was reverting back to Version 4.29.  If you need info on how to revert back to an earlier version you can search the forum and it will come up.  Just be sure that you don't have your apps automatically update or the Garmin will just update itself and you'll be where you started with the defective version.